I presented the Mask Project for my son's 3rd Grade Class today...
This projects was in, on and done in less than 1 hour in a class of 30... so YES, it can be done.
Collect your supplies.
- Store Bought Masks (variety of half and full face, with cat, butterfly or standard embellisments).. these are to be used as TEMPLATES... as children have different shape & size faces, this let them choose something that was right for them...
- Foam Rectangles in a variety of colors. This eliminates the paper mache, paint, and dry... and let's them start with a bright color.
- Sharpies (variety of colors)
- Embellishments: confetti packs of sequins and sparkles work well.
- Hole Punch & String or Ribbon (to tie the masks on)
- Select Mask Shape & Color Foam Rectangle (6 x 8")
- Trace Mask Shape onto foam and design the outline & eye positions.
- Return the "Template" to the supply bin.
- Cut out the Eyes, Nose & Mouth, design the forehead & any other shape details
- Embellish with Feathers, Sequins and Sharpies